Are you new to the world of scooters, or just bought a scooter and a little scared? Well just follow these rules and you will be a little safer!
- Be aware of what is going on around you at all times! Is that bus just about to turn left?
- Drive defensively and regard every car and road junction as a possible threat.
- Don’t assume that other drivers will do the obvious and always be prepared for the unexpected.
Do not get yourself into difficult situations and always give yourself sufficient space on the road to get yourself out of and difficulty.
- Do not ride too close to the kerb so that you have room to move over if there is a problem or someone tries to cut you up.
Try and ride in a confident manner and make sure you let other drivers know what you are doing.
- Give clear and positive signals but above all remember you are on two wheels and that you are vulnerable.