It can be difficult to cancel a bid on eBay but not impossible. The reason as to why it is so hard is your bid is considered to be a contract, and when you back out you have hindered someone else from getting the item.
You have also put the seller at a disadvantage because they have to decide what to do so they can still sell their merchandise. However, you can cancel your bid. You just have to know how!
How to cancel a bid on eBay
Before you try and cancel your bid you need to view the time restrictions and see if you have a valid reason for cancelling your bid.
If you feel that you have a valid reason for cancelling your bid then you can proceed with the process to cancel your bid. You can retract the bid. If it will not allow you to do so you may have not met the requirements and therefore the only way to get out of the bid is to talk to the seller. If you want to cancel a best offer bid then you have to fill out a best offer cancel form.
Acceptable reasons for cancelling your bid on eBay:
- If you entered the wrong bid by accident. Sometimes you hit the wrong key and this is usually caught quickly and can be fixed easily. It helps that you normally want to bid; you just entered the wrong price. You can normally just retract the bid and enter the correct amount.
- If you have bid and then the item’s description changes and it is not as appealing to you as it once was. You can retract your bid but it needs to be within the time restraints.
- If you are having problems reaching the seller and you do not have a correct phone number or email address then you can cancel your bid.
- It has to be within twelve hours of the bid before you can retract it easily. Keep in mind you have to list a reason and it has to be one that is acceptable by eBay.
- If you have missed the twelve hour window then it is up to the seller if you can retract the bid or not. The seller can allow you to get out of the bid but normally this does not happen because they have to start the process over again.
When you make a bid on eBay the bids are biding. This is clearly outlined in the user agreement. When you bid on anything on eBay or any other site you need to read the user’s agreement and make sure that it is something that you are comfortable with doing. However, if you bid on an item and you need to cancel the, here are eBay’s Bid Cancelling Forms.
You can get great deals on eBay but you have to be able to use the site correctly.