How do you train a German Shepherd? Despite the controversy involving German Shepherds, successful German Shepherd training is actually not impossible to achieve.
Given this breed’s intelligence and willingness to learn, training a German Shepherd can be easy.
In addition, there are several techniques in which you can use to get your desired training result.
How to Train a German Shepherd
Here are some basic tips you may want to consider for successful German shepherd training.
- This breed can become territorial and aggressive if threatened thus the need for socialization as soon as possible.
- Basic obedience training and housebreaking should begin at an early age.
- Correct negative behavior and reward desirable one as soon as it happens to help him understand which one to avoid and which one is appropriate.
- In order to gain the pet’s respect and loyalty, an owner needs to be confident who exhibits the characteristics of a true leader. Additionally, the owner needs to be consistent and determined with the training.
- The canine should not be handled harshly for it triggers aggressive behaviors.
The German Shepherd is favourite amongst the armed forces due to it’s speed, size and ability to take down large prey.
You can find out more about the German Shepherd breed on wiki.