Beaches in the Philippines are as diverse as its people.
While some are deserted island getaways and some have loud and noisy beachfronts, each beach has its own character.
The list we compiled below is not confined to a specific set of criteria, such as the availability of modern amenities, accessibility, etc. Instead, by their own uniqueness.
1. White Beach, Boracay. The grand dame of the Philippine beaches and the unofficial summer capital of the Philippines.
2. Maira-ira Beach, Pagudpud. A great getaway up north complemented by Ilocano dishes.
3. Alona Beach, Panglao island. Has a status of playing second fiddle to Boracay.
4. Malapascua, Cebu. Great getaway for those seeking peace and tranquility.
5. Bantayan, Cebu. Another great beach in the premier province of the Visayas.
6. Siargao Island. A surfer’s paradise in the South.
7. Camiguin Island. Great beaches accompanied by extreme activities inland.
8. Miniloc Island, Palawan. Lime stone formations that rival those in Thailand and Vietnam.
9. Sogod Beach, Cebu. Nice beach with a well-serviced resort.
10. Potipot Island, Zambales. Easily gets crowded in the peak summer months. But a very good substitute to white sand beaches of the South without flying by plane.